I just wanted to send out a reminder: these drafts should be fully formatted in either APA Your papers should be double-spaced meet the page length requirement.9 PAGES
Here are my personal tips and tricks:
Tips and Tricks for the Editing Phase
1. Read your paper backwards sentence by sentence. This will cause fragments to stand out. They will not sound correct when they are read alone out of context.
2. Pay particular attention to homonyms (words that sound the same but are spelled differently). Spelling/Grammar check will not fix these errors. Look for to, too, two… there, their, they’re… etc.
3. Make sure all paragraphs are indented.
4. Make sure all lines after the first in each citation are tabbed (hanging indent)
5. Make sure your work cited/reference page is not entirely centered. (Works cited/references should be centered… The citations themselves should be left justified).
6. Make sure you have maintained double-spacing in your reference/works cited page and your entire paper.
7. Read your paper aloud. Sometimes that is all it takes to recognize a section that is not clear.
9. Give yourself 24 hours to sleep on it after adding major sections. You need to look at your paper with fresh eyes to recognize errors.
10. Have another person read it!
11. Print out a copy to mark errors on. A lot of times we see errors better when we have a hard copy to work with.
12 Double check all APA