Controller at Castle Medical
WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU HAD FUN AT WORK?
Castle Medical is committed to serving the needs of pain care physicians and their patients as well as our community. Our toxicology services and DNA testing capabilities allow us to better prepare practices for the future. The candidate who will be the best fit for this position and company will be a driven, organized, self-starter who can facilitate financial strength month in and month out. The success of Castle Medical is largely due to the teamwork of some of the best professionals in the industry. Our company is exploding and we need someone who is flexible, efficient and can keep up with our fast pace. Is this you? If so, read below.
DESCRIPTION OF ROLE:
The Controller will direct our accounting operation by planning, implementing, and supervising all financial and accounting activities, risk management, cash management, general ledger, fixed asset, payroll, and audit.
Manage the accuracy and timeliness of the company’s financial statement, producing financial reports in order to support significant business growth. Create forecast and budgets to evaluate financial performance, projects and investments. Will be reporting to the CEO.
WHAT WE WANT IN A CONTROLLER:
- Oversee accurate General Ledger– post monthly journal entries, account reconciliation, and variance analysis.
- Month End Close – prepare and analyze the monthly financial statements, and department reports.
- Lead monthly P&L review to foster a better understanding of the financial results for increasing profitability.
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings. Manages to file the tax returns prior to the deadlines.
- Administer timely payroll – Prepares payroll departmental allocation and coding and reviews payroll journal entries.
- Fixed Assets – maintain Fixed asset records including depreciation, additions and disposals.
- Audit – assist with annual financial audit, preparing schedules as requested by external auditors, coordinating timing of year-end financial statement audit, and responding to auditor inquiries
- Preside over aggressive investment strategy.
- Regulate risk through appropriate insurance contracts.
- Maintain banking relationships and debt covenants.
- Create budgets and forecasts.
- Maintain the chart of accounts.
- Manage Cash, A/R and A/P.
- Provides analysis on the companys expenses through monthly variance and attribution analysis.
- Work directly with all departments owners on annual planning and monthly forecasting; Provide understanding of plan vs actual variances.
- Must be highly analytical, process oriented, collaborative and creative.
- Must be intrinsically motivated (cannot require constant support/supervision).
- Must be able to work successfully with team members in multiple departments.
- Provide Quantitative and Qualitative information and produce monthly reports to support CEO.
- Must be dedicated to helping to improve business processes and outcomes.
- Must be able to simultaneously manage multiple tasks of varying complexity and priority.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to share complex, technical topics clearly, concisely, effectively and professionally.
- Consults with functional unit management and personnel to identify, define and document business needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements, and levels of systems access.
- Other duties may be assigned
- B.S. or M.S in Accounting
- CPA in Georgia
- 8 plus years of experience
- Strong computer skills and application skills
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Strong Leadership and Problem solving skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Teamwork and positive team spirit
- Communication – ability to clearly and informatively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to multi-task.
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables a plus).
- Challenging assignments with opportunities to participate in high-level decisions.
- A fun, collaborative work environment.
- Great benefits like health, dental, vision and 401(k)