Watch the following videos and read following articles:
- #140edu, 8/2/11; Parents Panel: Parents of SLA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX-RCBV58RA)
- Positive Impact (http://esheninger.blogspot.com/2011/08/positive-impact.html)
- Parents in the Classroom Part One (http://stumpteacher.blogspot.com/2011/09/parents-in-classroom-part-one_29.html)
- Parents in the Classroom 2 (http://stumpteacher.blogspot.com/2011/09/parents-in-classroom-2.html)
- Parents are from Mars, Teachers are from Venus (http://teacherleaders.typepad.com/the_tempered_radical/2010/04/parents-are-from-mars-teachers-are-from-venus.html)
- Making Connections Between Home and School: Parents Become Active Participants (http://www.edutopia.org/making-connections-between-home-school)
What were your first impressions after watching and reading the various resources on building relationships and engaging adults? Which ideas really â€˜jumped outâ€™ at you? What ideas (if any), that were presented are you currently seeing in your school or community? Identify at least two barriers in your current school or community that might prevent you from incorporating these ideas and include possible solutions for overcoming the barriers.